Friday, April 9, 2010

GOOOOOOO TEAM!

I. Am. Exhausted. Another year of auditions have come and gone. After 12 weeks of our winter training program, we auditioned almost 45 girls. I took 41 of those sweet faces and am so incredibly excited for what this year has in store! As excited as I am, I always find myself so emotionally drained. I get really attached to these girls and ultimately want to take them all and love them and take care of them etc, but at the end of the day some of them just don't want it enough.

I am listening to some news show in the background about how a lady gave birth but didn't have a clue she was even pregnant.... Yeah right... Sorry A.D.D. It's preventing me from pouring my heart out!

I guess all I have to say is that I absolutely love my job as the Director of the Owasso Color Guard and am so blessed that I am able to do it. I like to tell everyone that I have the best of both of my worlds. I get to stay at home with the boys AND love my work! I love the mental, physical and emotional strength that the girls develop through this activity. I love to watch them step outside of their comfort zones and grow personally. I love to watch them grow from awkward junior high girls to intelligent, respectful, respectable high school girls. I love to watch them set goals and achieve them and most of all, I love to watch them break through the mental block of "I can't". The OCG has a ton of exciting changes happening this season and I am so excited that I get to be a part of it! Please pray for these 41 girls and the influence that I have on them. They are in for an incredible experience this season!

Thank you to you Timmy for believing and investing so much into me. I love you and good luck tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment