Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mommywood

I have had, or should I say am having, the absolute best time teaching my Careers Class at the Owasso Mid-High. The principal offered to extend my contract back in March and without hesitation, I accepted! After teaching a lesson on balancing life and career, I quickly realized that there is no way I can possibly pull this off. I desire to be a wife, mommy, teacher and coach and I have a level of excellence that I am expected to perform at on all of these "life tasks". Talk about stretching myself too thin.... When school starts in August, I'll be leaving my house at 6:30 am (Brady still sleeping) go to practice, school all day, practice again and get home around 9 pm (Brady in bed for the night). Keep in mind I will be nine months pregnant. There is absolutely no time for me to be a wife and mom and I refuse to put my family on the backburner for my own selfish ambitions or successes. As a result, I have decided not to accept my contract extention after all. I will continue to coach so that I will still have "my thing" but most of my energies will be focused on Bobby, Brady and baby #2 (who will have a name on May 13th at about 3:45 when we find out the sex).

I am very excited to be able to be a stay at home mom but to be 100% honest, I am a little nervous! I am afraid that I may feel guilty that I am not out working to help provide for my family. My mom didn't stay home with us when we were young (because she was a single mother) so as much as I hear it is the best thing for my children, I have no personal experience. Don't get me wrong, I still rush out of school to get pick up Brady so that I can get as much playtime in as possible before bedtime, it's just that all I know is work work work, pay the babysitter. I think the dynamic with two children will be completely different in that I will be insanely busy and it will be so nice to be able to have a clean house and a hot meal on most nights. Our house is usually clean on Saturday morning and then by the afternoon it is a wreck again and the cycle continues on a weekly basis. Maybe I'll really start getting into cooking and saving coupons? HA! We'll see..... Any stay at home moms, feel free to give me some sanity advice :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for staying at home AND remembering your login info. :)

    Can't wait to see pics of Brady on here as well as tons of stories from staying at home all day!!

    ReplyDelete