Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FINALLY!!!

Last year, my mom and I planted a garden... I had the best intentions for keeping up with it, I did, but by mid-July the garden was dead. It wasn't all my fault, we had bugs... and bad dirt.

This year is totally different! Maybe I'm more motivated or maybe I'm just older and more interested, I don't know but I LOVE IT! My flowers look amazing, if I do say so myself! For Mothers Day, my mom bought me a ton of perennials and some bug killer :) We got some really good fertilizer (which I think makes all the difference) and soil and planted away!

Because I am new at this, my good friend Steph Thomason gave me some pointers and some Zinnia seeds from her garden last year... She said that Zinnia's were so easy to take care of, literally all I had to do was put these seeds on the ground and cover them with dirt... Yeah right, she doesn't know who she's dealing with. I'm a hot mess when it comes to gardening!

So.... I did it....

This was after about 2 weeks... I couldn't believe it!! I thought it was a weed at first, I almost pulled it!

then about 3 weeks later....

This little puppy showed up and I could barely contain my excitement!!

This picture was taken the same day as the one above... These guys come up to my knee and the greenery is beautiful!! Except... There is a very hungry little caterpillar that lives in my flower bed and loves to munch on my zinnias. I've sprayed and sprayed but I still find little holes :( I'll get him, I'm on a mission....

THEN... FINALLY!!!!! Only about 4 days after the photo above was taken....

THEY ARE HERE!!! AND I LOVE THEM!!! See that little hole in my pretty green leaf... That caterpillar won't know what hit him...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

I would like to thank Steph Thomason for believing in me and my mom for buying that awesome bug killer and fertilizer :)

More pics of the my little garden :)

Gerber Daisey's :) My fave

This end got some serious reconstructive surgery!

I don't remember what these are called but I love them!



Love it :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow those turned out great. We are waiting for our first garden to grow. It has been fun. Your plants look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I am so impressed! But I knew all along you could do it! YOur flower beds look awesome girl!! I am sooo proud of you!! It brings me so much joy to see these bloom...just like you. I love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures!!

    Thanks for coming by my blog and following, I am now following you too!! YAY, I love making new bloggy friends!!

    Hope you come by often!!

    Love and Blessings

    ReplyDelete